Thursday, May 8, 2014

Easter 2014

I guess it's better late than never that I get pictures posted from Easter Sunday.  Once again this year I ask(ahem, force) my boys to match in blue oxford shirts and khakis.  They're just so cute!  And goodness, I had no idea what to wear for Easter since I've never been pregnant over Easter before.  I didn't want to buy a new dress that I'd only wear a couple times so I just improvised with what I had.

We attended a Good Friday service at our church Friday night, it was a good way to set the tone of the most important weekend in a Christians life.  And Benjamin really seemed to get it all this year which was really great.  He kept talking about Jesus dying for our sins and rising from the grave, making songs all weekend about it.

Sunday morning we woke up and listened to some Easter music while we got ready and ate breakfast.  We headed to church for worship team practice and for Peter to get the computer stuff setup.  We didn't have Sunday school this week but had a churchwide breakfast that was prepared by the elders and their families.  It was a good time of fellowship with our church family.  Then we had our regular service together and it was wonderful to have a full room of believers singing about our risen Lord.  Afterwards we had lunch and naps then headed to dinner with our friends at their home.  We brought a few sides and enjoyed a great meal together.  We gave our boys just a little Easter type basket that had a few jellybeans, a peanut butter egg, and a new toy.  Ben got a small Ninjago lego set and Jonah got some new Jake and the Neverland Pirates figures.  They were both delighted :-)

Here's a few pictures of the day.  Boy, oh boy, its hard to get our little guys to focus long enough to take a picture.  And Jonah was not having it most of the time, ha!














He is Risen!  He is Risen Indeed!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...