Monday, December 19, 2011

Monday Randoms

This past Friday was our EPIC girls Christmas party.  We all brought dips to share, and I organized some Christmas related games like Christmas Jeopardy, unwrapping candy cane kisses with ski gloves on, marshmallow catching competition, and melting ice cube races without using your hands.  We also had a White Elephant gift exchange and we had a great time.  There were 9 girls and it was so fun to be with everyone!

Saturday we just took it easy with a day at home. 
Daddy & Benjamin working on a lesson for small group

I baked lots of yummy goodies, mostly for coworkers (and perhaps a few for us) :-)  We made a few last minute travel reservations for our trip to Ohio next week and the only time we left the house was for a quick 15 minute trip to Wal-Mart.  Peter and I watched Miracle on 34th street while Ben napped and we worked on a few projects.  Peter had never seen that movie!!  Later on after Ben went to bed (after screaming everytime I would try to leave the room and eventually causing himself to fall out of his crib) we watched Charlie Brown Christmas while we dipped goodies in chocolate.  And yes, Benjamin's crib is now lowered and he was okay!!

Sunday was a fun morning at church with some extra song specials by the kiddos.  Benjamin looked adorable in his little penguin sweater vest but of course he wouldn't cooperate for pictures.  And I now notice that he has a giant booger in his nose....lovely.  Just know that he was really cute in person :-) 


 okay wow, mama's lookin' a little bloated!

We had Pizza Hut buffet, then while Benjamin napped I ran to Target and Michaels for a couple of items.  We gave Benjamin a quick dinner then headed off to a local Mennonite church to watch a play/musical/live nativity.  We went last year and though it's long, we enjoyed it.  Benjamin was quiet for all of 3 minutes before we had to take him elsewhere to half watch/half keep him entertained.  Our son just does not know how to not talk or not move around.  Oh well!  It was a late night though, we didn't get home until 10:15!

Luckily Benjamin slept until almost 9 this morning.  Unluckily I had a Dr. Appt I had to get up for, so there was no lazying around for me.  We headed to the appointment right after Benjamin woke up and baby boy is doing great.  Though the Dr. told me that he'll probably be bigger than Benjamin.  Um, excuse me?!?!?!  Not what I wanted to hear!  Benjamin was 8lb. 6oz and he was delivered with an epidural that didn't work.....sounds like I'm going to be having a really happy time around Valentine's Day, NOT!  Ha :-)

Benjamin took a great nap today while I worked on a few tasks, and tonight Peter is working on a coworkers computer so Benjamin and I are watching Little Einsteins!  Daddy just came home as I was uploading pictures, hooray!  So now we're all watching!

Oh yeah, I also wanted to post a picture of Benjamin with the Santa Clause at Wal-Mart.  Poppy & GongGong took him while we were in Bend.  I think it's obvious that's he not a fan of the jolly ol' man in the big red suit.  Though looking at him, Wal-Mart Santa IS a kinda scary looking :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...