Monday, December 12, 2011

Thankful

Tonight I was just thinking about a lot of things, some silly and some serious, that I'm really thankful for.

*  A husband that lets me take a 1/2 hour to enjoy a nice bubble bath in the evening.  Soo relaxing and helpful for an aching pregnant mama back!

*  savings that can cover the cost of new tires for our van after 1 had a leak

*  our new laptop.  It is soooo wonderful.  We have never bought a new laptop, we've always bought a college hand me down off of craigslist and I think we even bought one off of ebay once.  So I am just really enjoying this new one....who knew you could be on a laptop without it randomly shutting off every 1/2 hour?!?!  :-)

*  my new set of dishes.  We had ones we really liked the looks of from World Market but they chipped terribly and got so hot in the microwave after only a minute.  They were pretty unusuable.  So my Christmas gift from Peter's folks is some new ones.  We went with something durable since we'll have young kiddos using them, but ones that were still pretty looking.  I found a set Peter and I both liked but they were expensive....however, ShopKo had them on clearance!  It was the only kind on clearance and they had the exact amount I needed.  AWESOME.  Have to love clearance finds like that!


*  my adorable little boy who says the funniest things lately.  When we call for him, or find him somewhere he says "I find me!"  When he hears music lately he's been saying "I hear something.  What is that?  I don't know that song."  When he sees something that peeks his interest he gasps and says "oh looook at thaaaat!"  We could eat him up.  Though we both agree that he is growing up way too fast and it's super sad.  We truly want to freeze time.

*  Little Einstein DVD's and the amazing Aunt who gave them to Benjamin.  40 minutes of distraction time = priceless!
* Christmas music - it just makes me happy.  I love having the Christmas tree lights on, a yummy smelling candle lit, the fireplace going, and festive Christmas music in the background.....perfect night.

*  a baby boy who moves all.the.time inside me.  It scares me how similar his activity level was to Benjamin's but I love feeling him move.  We get to have a free 4D ultrasound of our little guy on Wednesday, super excited!

*  Amazon.com - how awesome is it?  You can easily find what you want at a pretty comparable price and have it shipped to your door in 2 days.  My kind of shopping.

* seeing a sweet sleeping boy hugging his Floppy on the video monitor, seeing my sweet husband sitting across from me working on a Bible lesson for our small group....I really am blessed.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...