Thursday, August 7, 2014

We love summer part 2

I ran out of room on my last post to recap all our summer fun, so let the party continue shall we?

*  One of the great parts of Oregon is all the berries and fruit in the summer.  Our neighborhood has some great blackberry bushes so we loaded up after dinner one evening to go for a quick walk and get ourselves a snack.  I was at the stage of pregnancy where even that walk can wipe you out, especially when its still hot out at 6:30 in the evening.  The sweet berries and the adorable berry stained faces of my boys make it worth it though!






*  many, many summer evenings spent swimming in the backyard, or making our own water slide.  Really, I think our boys love swimming because they get to take their clothes off, ha ha.  Wish I could capture their giggles up so I don't forget this sweet age!




*  Jonah and Ben have loved checking every day to find the latest crop from our tomato plant and strawberry plant.  Jonah loves the tomatos and Ben loves the strawberries.


*  I still managed to hit a few garage sales this season with my two (well, three) boys in tow.  We implemented the tradition of "Friday Doughnut Day" and we'll head out early, hit a few sales then by some Entemann's Pop Em doughnuts from Safeway to enjoy while we garage sale.  The boys love it, and I love that they are pretty much a non-messy doughnut, perfect for the van.  Maybe we'll keep the Friday Doughnut Day tradition going, we shall see!  One morning we found a Lego soccer set and the boys enjoyed putting it together with Daddy and playing with it.


*  we're having new flooring installed in our kitchen so Peter did a bunch of prep work to save on cost, and had a little helper in Jonah!


*  my sweet friends hosted a dinner at my favorite Thai restaurant to help celebrate our little boy's soon-to-be arrival.  They treated me to my meal, spoiled me with fun mommy pampering items, and gave me a great evening with some women who are so special to me.  I'm blessed with these sweet friends of mine!  Of course I forgot to get a picture at the restaurant, but Peter snapped one of me before I left.


*  The day before our baby boy arrived (more on that coming soon!) my friends and I headed to Brownsville Park for the day.  We were there from around 10am-3pm, stopping for an ice cream treat before heading home.  The kids had a blast playing and swimming and it was a sweet time enjoying the company of my friends Kristen and Anna.  Love those girls!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...