Thursday, August 7, 2014

We love summer

It was a little bit different having my 3rd trimester of this pregnancy occur during the summer months, but despite it being a bit harder to get around, we've still managed to have tons of fun memories.  I just want to write down a few things we were up to so I don't forget!

*  we have frequented (maybe a few times) the local ice cream joint, Hasty Freeze for their yummy chocolate malts and flavor burst ice cream cones.  Jonah always wants watermelon, and Benjamin varies between all the flavors.  Ben can down his cone in no time, just like his mama!


*  lazy mornings with big breakfasts are the best.  Helping Daddy with his coffee on Saturday morning


*  We went to see Despicable Me 2 one morning.  They offered free kids movies throughout the summer....and we almost made it through the whole thing before having to leave.  Granted, they had to sit through 2,534 minutes of previews before the movie even started (kids.movies.should.not.have.previews)


*  Peter and I took the boys to Brownsville Park one evening and they had a blast playing on the playground and swimming in the river.  And I enjoyed sitting my 37 week old pregnant self on the uncomfortable riverbank, ha ha, not!  Seriously though, it was a really fun night!









*  We spent our 4th of July with a low key day at home.  Our neighborhood had a little block party so we headed over to meet a bunch of our neighbors and had a really good time.  Later in the week Peter wanted the boys to light a few fireworks of our own.  And when I say Peter wanted the boys to light a few fireworks I really mean that Peter just wanted to play with fire and uses his kids as an excuse :-)  So Peter and my sister loved lighting things on fire, and my boys plugged their ears.  They can be a wee bit sensitive to noise.  Then they headed inside the house to watch from there.  Then went to the bedroom upstairs to watch from an 'even safer distance.'  But Peter and Auntie Amanda sure had fun, the little pyros!






*  The boys and I went to the local county fair one afternoon.  They give you free admission on one of the days so despite it being hot and me being 9 months pregnant, I really wanted the boys to have a fun day.  They had so much fun riding on the pony, seeing all the animals, playing with the ducky water pump, and checking out the exhibits.  Then I totally splurged and let them ride on one of the rides.  I wasn't sure whether or not they would enjoy it but they convinced me they would, and they were right.  They laughed and smiled the whole time they rode the airplanes.  They sat next to each other and the airplane goes round and round, up and down.  It was seriously adorable!  Of course I had completely forgot my camera.  So just imagine 2 adorable boys smiling and laughing.  Worth.every.penny.

*  I picked about 17 pounds of blueberries one morning.  My sister watched the boys, I remembered to bring a stool, and it was a peaceful morning.  I'm pretty sure my boys ate about half of them when I got home before I could get them in the freezer :-)

*  Peter had to work through lunch one day, so since we had gone to the library that morning, I decided to pick up a pizza on the way home and let the boys watch the Tom & Jerry dvd we checked out that morning.  I'm pretty sure it was hit, Benjamin couldn't stop laughing.  Oh, and they each ate 3 pieces of pizza.  Is there any point of having a grocery budget with these guys??



*  My sister's daycare has had lots of fun members of the community come to let the kids hear about their services.  My boys were there for the fire department, police department, and sanitation department.  They loved getting to sit in all the vehicles!









*  This post is really long so I will recap more summer memories in another post!  Isn't it a great thing when there are too many summer memories and pictures for one blog post????  Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...