Monday, July 27, 2015

Benjamin is 5!!

I have a love/hate relationship with my boys growing up.  Each stage is really fun, but I also know that my time with them is fleeting and I just want it to slow down!!

This year Benjamin turned 5 and he was so excited.  He decided that he wanted a Lego Ninjago cake and we found a picture on google that looked like the one he wanted.  I had to get creative because he wanted all the ninjas and legos.  So this is what we came up with....






I had to make the ninjas and legos before we went to GWL so I had just taken them out of the freezer.  I used part of the cake scraps from Jonah's cake to make the cake ball Lego ninjas with melted candy melts.  I used miniature hershey bars dipped in melted candy melts to make the legos and put mini M&M's on top.  Nothing too fancy but Benjamin liked it so that's what I was aiming for :-)

For his party we decided to have a joint event again with his best friend Micah who shares a birthday with him.  They had a party at our church where they all made their own pizzas.  Of course, everyone loved this idea and it was fun to watch them create their culinary masterpieces.  The fact that we got to enjoy a pizza too didn't hurt!  They played a few games and I think they really enjoyed just running around and being crazy kiddos.




















On his actual birthday we had his favorite people, Auntie Amanda and Nana over for dinner and ice cream sundaes.  They of course spoiled him with perfect gifts as always and it was a fun night.  We are so blessed that so many friends and family love our little guy, it is a gift I hope he will learn to treasure!









Benjamin, you have grown so much this past year and we love you like crazy.  Happy Birthday our sweet Benny Ben!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...