Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Date Night!!

My sister, known these days as Auntie Amanda, is awesome and babysat for us tonight so we could go on a date.  We haven't been on a date since our little guy was born almost 6 months ago.  I was pretty excited :-)  Though I must say it was SO WEIRD being the ones going on the date instead of the ones babysitting for the date.  It'll take a little getting used to that's for sure.

We started out by heading to Novaks, a Hungarian restaurant in Albany.  We had a gift certificate we'd been wanting to use so it was a perfect opportunity.  We enjoyed fresh bread, chicken and dumpling soup, salad with blue cheese dressing and our delicious entrees.  Peter had chicken paprikas and I had linguine primavera.
Sooo yummy :-)

After dinner we headed to Corvallis for a game of mini-golf.  On the way we were reminiscing about playing mini-golf together on the day Peter proposed.  We were laughing at how the near 98 degree weather that day nearly spoiled Peter's proposal day plans which involved mini-golf outside at 2 in the afternoon, driving 1 1/2 hours in his tiny car with no air conditioning and then hiking up a mountain to enjoy a proposal dinner together (after he proposed on the mountain).  It was fun to remember those memories!

I sure love this guy!

The best part about the mini-golf was our bet.  If I won, I got a backrub.  If Peter won, he got to give me a backrub.  HA!  Peter won by 1 stroke....lucky him.....guess he gets to give me a backrub :-)

After we finished mini-golf we headed to the Carmike Theater to see....

It was pretty cute!  I've heard it's a bit emotional for moms and I could kind of see that because you see the little boy, Andy, all grown up and moving away.  It was a bit sad to think of how fast Benjamin is growing up already.  I love it, but just want to freeze time to remember the sweet moments we have.  It was a really funny movie though and was fun to watch with Peter.  I was very ready to get home to my little man :-)

We will see what time Benjamin gets up in the morning.  He apparently fell asleep on the couch at 6pm after swimming with Aunt Amanda in his little pool, and he slept until 8:30.  Then he ate and fell asleep at 9pm again and is still sleeping.  This was after napping from 12:45 to 2:00 and from 3:45 to 4:30.  I have a feeling my little booger is going to be wide awake at 5am.  Great.  It's a good thing he's cute and that I love him so much.  I sure missed him on our date but enjoyed being with his daddy.....thanks Amanda, you're awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...