Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day at the Zoo

Today Amanda and I decided to take Benjamin to the Oregon Zoo!  Amanda loves zoos and we thought Benjamin might enjoy a day with the animals.  So early this morning we packed up and hit the road to Portland.  It was a bit chilly when we arrived but was perfect weather (70 degrees in the morning) for the strolls through the exhibits.
All ready to go see the animals!!

First, I have to ride the tractor

I love this next sequence of pictures.  Benjamin kept wanting to give Aunt Amanda nice slobbery kisses on her face instead of look at the camera.  It was gross but so cute :-)

All that kissing tuckered him out and he took about a 40 minute nap while we ate our sack lunch

Me and little man

Auntie and Benjamin

ROOOOAAARRRRR!!!!

It was a perfect day to spend 4 hours exploring the zoo!

Of course, all that walking on the lovely Portland hills made us feel like we deserved The Cheesecake Factory :-)  So off we went.

When, oh when, will mama let me pick something off this menu??

the waitress did bring me mashed bananas so mama gave me a few bites

it was a little different tasting than my rice cereal., but in true Klingler fashion he inhaled all I gave him!

He hasn't quite figured out how to use it yet, but it makes a great distraction!

He was sooo tired after his long day.  He fell asleep the instant I put him in his car seat and slept the entire ride home.  Poor tuckered out little guy.

It was a great day that we all enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...