Saturday, June 11, 2011

I'm 27

27.  Why does that almost seem kinda old?  27.  I don't know, it just seems close to 30.  It's weird to think I'm 27 because I hardly recall being 26.  I think because the whole year went by pretty fast so I don't remember thinking to myself "I'm 26" that many times throughout the year.  But now I'm 27 so it doesn't matter if I don't remember being 26.

Yep, my birthday was on Thursday.  It ended up being quite the eventful day because my parents finally closed on their first home, 

my brother had his second son Aiden 

and of course, I turned 27.  Which in light of the first two things seems rather insignificant.  Insignificant or not, my sweet hubby planned a get-away-date-night for us in Portland.  Our awesome friends took Benjamin for the night and we were off!

This is what we ate for dinner...


They give you a fabulous gift certificate for your birthday so we had to take advantage of it.  Peter wanted to try lobster so we splurged and had the filet mignon and lobster combo and Peter got the filet mignon.  Benihana is a Japanese steakhouse so they cook your food right in front of you and our chef was pretty funny.  So not only is the food A-M-A-Z-I-N-G, but the whole night is just a fun experience.  I'm pretty sure we left nothing on our plates, which, considering the amount of food they give you is rather appalling, but let me tell you.....it was worth it.  Yummy, yummy, yummy!!!  Making me hungry just thinking about it.  And I'm a total LAME person for not remembering my camera....but, since it was my birthday they give you an ice cream sundae and come sing to you, then make you stand up in the restaurant (oh joy!) and they sing some more, then you have to blow out a candle sitting on Buddha.  The best part though is that they take your picture and you can download it from their website.  So the quality is terrible but at least it documents us together on my 27th birthday :-)

Of course we had to get a cheesecake (or two?!) from the Cheesecake Factory and we just vegged the rest of the night.  I even got to watch a little HGTV before going to sleep.  
 
We had a lazy morning, ate the hotel breakfast, hit some garage sales, ate Five Guys burgers (soooooo good!) for lunch, and made a quick stop to Ikea.  It was a great day.  We came home to a little boy who was really happy to see us but we could tell he'd had a great time.  He was pretty good for them too so I was grateful (isn't that every mom's nightmare that their kids are going to be terrible for the sitter?)  We had an EPIC girl's night that night so we had spaghetti and cake balls and we played word games and drama games.  It was a really fun time :-)

Today was a low key day.  We went to a few garage sales, I made food for our church picnic tomorrow, Peter worked on the giant hole we used to call a fireplace, I started to clean out the garage, then we went to a friend's high school graduation party.  Now we're kicking back and probably going to watch a show online together.  The sun came out this afternoon so we're hoping it's here to stay.  If dates with the hubby, slices of cheesecake, hugs from the most adorable little boy I've ever known, and sunshine are what my days are consisting of, being 27 really isn't that bad after all :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...