Monday, June 6, 2011

Week in Idaho

I cannot believe it's already June 6th!!!  Time is just flying by and it kind of needs to stop.

Last week we spent the week in Idaho.  We took off for Memorial Day weekend thinking we were going to be helping my parents move into their new house but unfortunately their closing date got pushed back.  I could totally sympathize with how frustrated they were with it all because Peter and I bought a foreclosure for our first home and it just seems to take forever and a day to get anything done.  I think my Dad and I both used the word "inefficiency" several times throughout the week.

So since we couldn't move their stuff we decided to make the most of the weekend and ran lots of errands to get things for the house.  Of course, we also went to some garage sales :-)  We spent Monday morning with Peter's parents so Benjamin could have his much loved Poppy & GongGong fix!  Then we had a BBQ with my siblings at my parents. 

Peter had to head home on Monday afternoon since he had to work but Benjamin and I stayed through the week.  My mom took some time off so she could hang out with Benjamin, it was SO great to hang out with her.  To say that Benjamin loved his time with Nana would be an understatement.  My mom works too hard and too much so when we come to visit she doesn't always have a lot of free time or energy so it was seriously a huge blessing from the Lord to just watch Benjamin and Nana bond throughout the week.  There was a lot of Benjamin saying "NA NA!  NA NA!  NA NA!"  Though I'm sure Nana could have done without the lightsaber "aya aya" attacks and read a few more books instead :-)  Here's a few random pics of the week...
 stories, stories and more stories.  It's his favorite!
 Go get Nana Benjamin, go get her!  HA HA HA, he takes his lightsaber attacks very seriously.
Benjamin went NUTSO one night and repeatedly threw his Floppy backwards for 45 minutes from 8:00pm-8:45pm.  He'd throw it, laugh hysterically, yell loudly, throw it, laugh, on and on and on.
 a boy and his daddy
 my sweet niece Azalea :-)
 my cutie nephew Alexander :-)
 my sleep deprived son (HA!)  He woke up around 6:15 every day.  Yes, 6:15 AM not PM.  And guess which lucky lady got to share a room with such an early riser? 
 he's looking more and more like a toddler
 goofy grin!
 Auntie Amanda took him to the pet store since there's no zoo in town!
 my whole family became witness to how fast Benjamin can run when he's running away from you.  He just does. not. stop.    EVER.
 Racing cars at the arcade
He was obsessed with the dog mannequin at Old Navy, too funny!
 this was right before we left for the airport....Benjamin was in desperate need for a morning nap!  (Yes, there was a 6:15am wake up time involved again.....early bird gets the worm & a morning nap!)
he was so tired but I KNOW he's going to miss his Grandfather.  It was so fun to hear him try so hard to say Grandfather all week........who else is going to give him HoHo's for breakfast? :-)

Amanda and I hit up the 1/2 price appetizers at Applebees one night and took pictures of the Lewiston skyline after dark.  My nephew Alexander turned 1 on June 1st so we celebrated at his party with him!
 Happy 1st Birthday Alexander!!!
 Benjamin tried to steal Alexander's Elmo crackers while he wasn't looking :-)
 playing with his new toys and Nana after getting cleaned up from his cake mess!

They weren't able to get into the house while I was there but I did get to take a tour of the inside.  I'm really excited for them, with a few personal touches and a bit of elbow grease it's going to be just perfect for them.

It was a fun week hanging out with family and watching Benjamin get completely spoiled!  Daddy was missing us though (okay, okay, we were missing him too!) so we flew home on Saturday evening.  Once again, Benjamin was great on the plane.  I think he was tired from running NONSTOP for the 1 hour and 45 minutes we waited for our flight at the airport.  He can wear a mama out that's for sure!

While I was gone Peter was at his list of projects again (funny how I refer to it as "his list" so it makes it seem less like the honey-do list that it really is)  He tore up the tile around our fireplace and repaired some of the dry wall around the tv niche.  Let's just hope he can finish this one without me going away for another week.
Oh boy.  I just made him promise that he will finish this project.  Maybe I should make him pinky promise.  Or threaten to not feed him again.  Or that I'll only serve cranberry sauce and sweet potatos.  One must play dirty when it comes to the big hole in her wall going away :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...