Tuesday, June 21, 2011

First Day of Summer Catchup

The Oregon weather must have received the memo that today was officially summer because it was the first time in awhile it's actually felt like summer.  It was about 80 today and it was awesome.  Partially cloudy part of the day but still awesome.

Life is busy and is going to stay busy throughout the rest of the summer.  I hope I can keep up with this little blog and not find myself in September without posting.  We shall see.  For now here's a bunch of things we've been up to!

*  Last week I went to Portland to shop the Happy Valley garage sales with my friend Kristen and her SIL Jenny.  Our hubby's watch our kiddos and we get to garage sale uninterrupted.  It's amazing.  It's what I ask for from Peter for my birthday.  Friday weather was beautiful, Saturday it rained so that stunk.  But we still found some pretty good deals.  I scored a bike with a child ride-along seat on the back for only $15.  Practically brand new tupperware for 25 cents a piece.  Yes, only 25 cents a piece.  And here's Benjamin sitting on a new storage drawer unit for only $10.  It was a fabulous time with my friend and something I always look forward to.  I missed my guys terribly though and couldn't wait to get home.

*  Peter is still working hard on the fireplace.  The other night he was sanding down the drywall job he did.  Let's just say I'm glad I hadn't dusted that afternoon :-)

*  Our garden is growing!!  Who knows if we'll actually have any veggies but it doesn't seem like we killed it right out the gate which is a huge accomplishment for this black thumb!

*  We took Benjamin to the park last night and he was getting a bit close to the edge so Peter being the awesome dad he is, ran forward to catch him if he fell........but in the process hit the edge of the play structure stairs and totally cut up his shin.  Poor guy.  Great dad though.  (FYI, Benjamin didn't fall)

*  Since it was warm today I let Benjamin play with his water table in the backyard this morning.  He played for about 45 minutes and really enjoyed it.  We also played with bubbles.





*  This evening we picked up Peter from work and went to go pick strawberries.  The crop wasn't amazing this year because the sun has decided to remain hidden for the past 3 months (yes, I'm still bitter) but it was still a great evening out.  Benjamin only ate a few strawberries surprisingly, but loved holding them, finding rocks and getting dirty.







*  We ate leftovers for dinner, ran to Wal-Mart really quick and then I canned a batch of strawberry jam.  I figure Benjamin will soon be having lots of PB&J's and it's cheaper to do it this way.

*  We are on night #3 of Benjamin sleeping without a paci.  He rarely had it during the day but we decided it would be as good of a time as any to break him of it completely.  So Sunday night we put him to bed without it.  He cried a little bit but was tired and fell asleep pretty easy.  Naptime on Monday was rougher and he fought it for an hour, saying "oh paci, oh paci" and throwing his Floppy's out of the crib because he was a bit mad.  But he did go to sleep.  Last night he slept great, today's nap he fell asleep after 15 minutes.  And tonight there was no fussing at all and he fell asleep quickly.  I think we may officially be done with the paci.  That is so crazy to me.  Am I really exiting the baby stage with him?  He transitions really easily though so I knew he'd be okay, but he's taken it even better than I thought.  Farewell odd green paci, you've been sooo good to us :-)

*  That's all for now, about to go tell the hubby it's time to stop working and take a little ice cream break (he requested chocolate sauce tonight and I'm such a good little submissive wifey)  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...