Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A bit tired

Tonight, I'm feeling a bit tired.  It's the good kind of tired.....where you've spent your days doing things that are productive and meaningful, but tired nonetheless.

Saturday morning my nesting instinct kicked in and since we're keeping the nursery the same, I needed another project.......the garage.  If you've been to our house you know just how bad that garage was.  I'm not kidding, I should have taken a picture of it's horrificness (yes, I realize I probably just made up that word) but that would have been embarrassing.  Peter was not too excited about my burst of energy but it's looking a whole lot better and we're close to being done.  Then I'll take a picture.  Just because it would shock the people who have seen it's "before" with their eyes :-)  Benjamin "helped" by sweeping, trying to run away to the neighbors, and climbing the ladder over and over.
 enjoying some cereal before Mommy breaks the news that it's "Garage cleaning day"!!!!  :-)
 this is his new "cheeeese" face
no fear, climbed up all on his own!

Sunday was church and I was super excited because a girl we've been praying for tons in our EPIC group actually came for the first time.  God is so good!  That afternoon, a friend of mine and her little boy came over to stay with us for the night.  We enjoyed some good fellowship while our little guys played together but we stayed up way too late!  The worst part of it all was that I slipped on Monday morning and slid down the stairs, bruising up my back a little bit.  I'm okay, just a little more sore than I usually am from just being 6 1/2 months pregnant! 

Monday afternoon we watched our friends 3 kids so they could go pick up a family member at the airport that evening.  It definitely makes you flash forward a few years when their youngest is in kindergarten and you realize the world of homework, and showers, and getting up for school is on the agenda.  We had dinner, played pool, and ate popcorn while watching The Little Rascals.  We got up a little earlier this morning so we could both take them to their different schools.
 Benjamin didn't make it through the whole movie, but he looked pretty big sitting with the big kids
he is obsessed with this game and wants to do it all the time

Benjamin and I went to Wal-Mart for some much needed produce, then headed home because one of the high school gals from our EPIC group was coming over for most of the day.  She's a sweetheart and I love having her over.  I took her to her play practice at 2:45 then came home so I could teach my piano lesson from 3:20 to 4:00. 

Peter came home at 5:15, we ate leftovers for dinner, I am doing more laundry while Peter gives Benjamin a bath and then soon we will call it a night (with a Twix ice cream bar that may or may not be in my freezer at the moment)  Tomorrow I'm babysitting another friend's 2 little girls for a few hours, teaching another piano lesson and then we have our Connections home group in the evening.  Busy, busy!!

Life is full, and I'm a bit tired.  But there's a contentment you feel at the end of the day when you're able to be used to serve others and use the resources God has given us for His purposes.  I've not always had the greatest attitude when I feel like I"m being stretched thin, but I know that God can change my heart on this and make me look more like Him.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...