Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Randomness

All I got today is a bunch of random pictures and random thoughts!

*  Can you believe Thanksgiving is in 1 week?  Really?  We're staying home this year for a variety of reasons so I'm going to be making my very first Thanksgiving meal.  Um.....yeah.  Where do I start with that one?  Although in reality the only part that scares me is the turkey.  I'm just afraid it's going to be frozen in the middle.  In which case we will all have KFC buffet :-)

*  Benjamin is definitely inching closer to age 2.  He just amazes me with the things he says and does, but what's not so amazing is his attitude!  Homeboy definitely has an o.p.i.n.i.o.n.  He wants to do most things by himself and will also kick his legs when you try to pick him up after he refused to go on his own.  We just adore him, but he is going to give us a run for our money.  Yes Mom and Dad, I know I deserve every bit of it :-)

 displaying his 2 year old attitude if he doesn't get his way
but mostly he's just our sweet loveable Benjamin!

*  Tonight our small group is having dinner potluck style.  So to be easy, I decided to make a new recipe using the crockpot that essentially required ingredient dumping.  It smells good, so hopefully it turns out okay

Recipe can be found here.

I also made chocolate chip reeses peanut butter cup cookies.  Oh. my. word.  I had forgot how good these were....it's a good thing we're taking them to share tonight or you would probably find me in a chocolate peanut butter coma lying on the kitchen floor.

*  Tonight our friends kids are coming to stay with us for a few nights because their mama, Kristen, is being induced in the morning!  YEA!  It seems strange to cheer that my friend is going to be going through labor but I'm just excited for her and excited to meet their new little boy.

*  I'm still enjoying teaching piano lessons and Benjamin is usually awake from his nap for most of them.  Most days he plays really well while I teach.  So today we were sitting at the piano waiting for Daddy to come home from lunch and he looked up at the music we were "playing" together and pointed to a note and said "that's a half note."  Now granted, it was a quarter note....but it made me laugh because I realized how much he listens during my lessons!  That boy doesn't miss a thing.  He's really started to enjoy playing the piano and singing on his own, it's really fun.  Last weekend I played piano for about 1 1/2 hours and it was amazing.  I hadn't done that in awhile and it was so refreshing, such a pure way for me to worship my Lord.  Aside from something happening to someone I love, losing my ability to play would be just terrible.

*  We finally have a fireplace mantel to complete our little remodel we did.  But I'll save those pictures for another day when I can dig up some "before" shots.  I did however, print off a beautiful free printable I saw on someone else's blog.  I just used our own printer, found an old frame I wasn't currently using, and thought it would be appropriate for Thanksgiving.

You can print one for yourself here.

*  Okay now, I have some guest beds to make and a floor to mop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...