Wednesday, December 19, 2012

On my own for a week

A couple of weeks ago Peter had a training course he needed to take for work which required him to be out of town for the week.  Of course, after all the Thanksgiving busyness and crazy schedule that comes with Christmas I wasn't super excited about him being gone, but it had to be done.  And I decided to be a supportive wifee and not complain about it all week.....because he works so hard for us and I knew he didn't need to feel any "guilt" about being gone when he was so busy with the training and projects.

Anyhoo....

We survived the week just fine and aside from the fact that the boys pretty much slept horrifically each night, things were great.  The boys would just swap who was going to randomly wake up in the middle of the night, or be bright eyed at 6:00am, or refuse to nap, etc, etc.

We ran errands, played a lot, visited Peter one evening at his hotel (he was 45min away), went to small group, went to worship team practice, went to storyhour at the library and Costco....it was a good week.

In reality, I'm with my boys on my own most of the day on most days.  But, I never want to take for granted how wonderful it is to have Peter home with us in the evenings.  He is the most involved, loving Dad and my boys (and I) are really lucky. 

A few pics from our week....











1 comment:

  1. Way to go momma! Those times are so hard! Filling it up with activities is the only way to cope!! You are such a good mom!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...