Saturday, April 6, 2013

Weekend Randoms

Last week my friend Kristen and I took our kiddos to the zoo while they were on Spring Break.  It was a little busy there but it was a beautiful day and we had so much fun.  We both have memberships this year so it works out wonderfully.  We spent about 6 hours at the zoo so the boys were exhausted at the end of the day....so was mama.  Of course I forgot my camera but I stole a few pictures from Kristen.




The other morning I needed to clean the kitchen so I decided to let the boys play with ice cubes in bowls.  They loved it.  They spooned them from bowl to bowl and then I eventually added a little food coloring.  Simple fun and I got to clean uninterrupted.




Another morning we played on our front porch with some sidewalk chalk.


The boys played with chalk while I took pictures of the beautiful spring flowers in our yard.  So pretty!




A typical Saturday morning for us consists of a big, lazy breakfast.  And then the boys climb all over me the moment I try to sit on the couch and bring me a book to read to them.  Then they get tired of me and wrestle Daddy.  It's these simple moments like this though that bring the biggest smile to my face.  How privileged am I to have this gift of a family?




Last night we had another EPIC event and took the youth ice skating and out for ice cream.  It was a really fun night and I didn't fall, woot woot!  Love these kiddos and the chance to invest in them.






Time to watch some Final Four basketball while watching the rain from my couch and trying not to eat too many Reeses Peanut Butter Eggs :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...