Thursday, November 21, 2013

Random thoughts this morning

It is cold today.  I finally switched us over to our green down comforter rather than our brick red lightweight blanket.  And it's cozy.  The double bonus is that our room suddenly feels like its been redesigned which is fun.

So this morning I'm sitting in my bed with a cup of coffee and just decided to write down a few thoughts  Benjamin is awake.  He came to my room at 7:31.  Which is good because we got him one of those "Ok to wake" alarm clocks where the lights turns green at a specified time where he is allowed to get up.  And since that time was set for 7:30, he obeyed.  Which means no early morning consequence for him, and now he is happily playing in his room until Jonah wakes up.  He did have to show me the surprise outside (frost) which he told me is snow (its not).  But it is cold today.

It is amazing to me how Benjamin wakes up early most every morning despite what time he goes to bed.  Last night it was nearly 10 before his head hit the pillow because we were at our home group, this particular time meeting at our friends house up the mountain.  The boys loved the drive 'with the huge trees and potential bears and cougars' and we loved the fellowship.  Talking about God's trustworthiness, our doubts and suspicions and imperfections.  Yet always coming back to God's trustworthiness because He is truth.  The odd balance of convicting yet encouraging which is one of the key blessings of a small group community digesting God's Word, I think.

Jonah on the other hand is still sleeping.  Jonah has my distaste for mornings.  Despite Benjamin's best efforts, I still sleep deepest in the early morning and would love to keep the covers to my head until the early hours had passed us by.  But, the coffee with peppermint mocha creamer ease the sting a bit and having a moment to write this morning is sort of refreshing.

Last night my Mom woke us up at nearly 1 in the morning.  She did this because a police officer had woke her up by knocking on the door.  He told her we needed to come look at our van.  Gulp, those words sound great.  She had to come wake us up and then the officer told us our van door was open and we needed to see if it had been riffled through.  Thankfully, it hadn't.  The doors are automatic and more than likely in Peter's effort to take the recycles out to the curb late last night, the button on his keys was pushed to open the door.  It's happened before and I'm sure it won't be the last.  The added bonus from our middle of the night awakening was not being able to fall back asleep for an hour, because that's just how I am.  But still grateful this morning for an untouched van.  And sorry that Mom had to be woken up as well.

Benjamin is now beside me in bed because he needs milk.  Shocker.  His blood is probably white from the amount of milk he drinks.  But I love my 3 year old, soon to be 4 year old, munchkin and taking care of his needs first is worth it every time I have to reheat my lukewarm coffee.

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...