Friday, January 17, 2014

Christmas Cookies 2013

Who doesn't love Christmas goodies?  It's one of the fun traditions of nearly every family.  Although it's a lot of work to get them all done, they are oh so yummy.  This year I kept it a little more simple than some years and just made a few things.  I made peanut butter Buckeyes, chocolate coconut balls, mint oreo balls and sugar cookies.

The boys were beyond excited to get to help me with the sugar cookies.  I reserved a special batch (that only they would eat, wink wink) that they were allowed to decorate all by themselves.  They loved it.  The control freak in me tries not to ruin the fun of dumping 1,000 sprinkles onto each cookie and just let them enjoy the process.  So we did.  And it was a great night.  The boys consumed lots of sugar, Peter helped me dip the goodies in chocolate, and we may have snuck in a treat or two ourselves :-)

 let's get this party started Mom!!!

 my sweet helper

 naked cookies, naked boys :-)

 they watched each other decorate, it was adorable



 just a little taste!

 must. eat. sprinkles.

 see my decorating mom????  Did I do a good job???

 yes sweet Jonah, you did great

 so did you Benjamin, great job!

 these two boys make the simple moments of life just so much fun!

 what's better than chocolate and Daddy?

okay, Jonah might argue that a spatula of chocolate is better, ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...