Friday, March 21, 2014

Five on Friday

I always see this fun link-up on other blogs and thought it'd be the perfect thing for this Friday afternoon!





One

Why is it that so few stores actually have maternity sections anymore?  I understand that I can shop online but it's so hard to know how something is going to fit you without trying it on.  Maybe I'm too picky.  I just need a few things since this is the first time I will be pregnant during the summer, other than just the first trimester.  There are a few things I'm eyeing so I might have to buy online and return them if I need to....


                from Old Navy                              Old Navy                                      Kohls

Two

Peter and I have started trying to think of a baby boy name we both like.  Benjamin's name was easy to choose, Jonah wasn't too difficult to land on, and now we're a bit stuck finding something we both like.  I know we'll find the perfect name, and we tend to wait until the last month or two anyway!  Still can't believe we're having our 3rd boy :-)

Three

Yesterday morning I was really needing a breather from the whole "take care of two boys, cook 3 meals a day, loads of laundry" crazy circle that is my life (though the life I love) so I took my boys to my mom & sister's daycare for the morning and had a few hours to myself.  I got a free decaf Starbucks latte that was on our card, and did a bit of shopping, thinking, and relaxing.  It was wonderful, and a nice chance to just get out for a bit without taking care of someone else and just enjoy myself.

Four

While I was shopping, I finally found a new bedspread for our master bedroom.  I've been itching for a change but didn't want to buy all new accessories (okay so maybe Peter didn't want me to buy all new accessories, ha ha!).  So here's what our room looks like before....


In the winter we switch out the burgundy blanket for a dark green brown comforter.  But here's a packaging picture of our new quilted comforter by Cynthia Rowley that I found at Home Goods...

(minus the shams because they didn't have any in the store)

We're doing a bit of rearranging and the chair has been moved to the boys' room, the desk from their room is being moved to ours, and I'm making a few changes just to freshen things up.  This weekend I'm going to paint the room the same color we've used in the other bedrooms in our house (and never got around to ours).


The color is Latte by Sherwin Williams.

I think the subtle freshening up that the paint color and new quilt will bring to the room is just what I've been looking for.  I'm super excited to see it all come together and will take real pictures when it's all done!!

Five

We picked up Frozen from the redbox today so the boys can watch it tonight.  Jonah of course won't sit through any show more than 15 minutes, but I'm curious as to whether or not Ben will like it.  He sometimes doesn't like things that he deems 'too girly'.  Peter and I have already seen it when we took our nieces and nephew over Christmas so we're excited to belt out some "Let It Go" with our boys tonight



Happy Friday everyone, sooo excited there's sunshine in our weekend forecast!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...