Friday, March 21, 2014

It's a Boy!!

Tuesday afternoon was the big reveal, the ultrasound that would show us whether we were expecting another boy or another girl.  I had only scheduled it about 2 weeks earlier which was kind of nice because I didn't have to spend months painstakingly waiting for that day.  And as the day got closer, I got more and more excited, but also more and more nervous.  I'm not one to always dwell on the 'what-if's' that could happen, but I was definitely wanting to see a healthy baby on that ultrasound screen!!

It's always so amazing to see your baby through an ultrasound.  It wasn't even a 4D ultrasound but it's just so cool.  The fact that you can see the heart beating, see the brain, see the limbs....awesome.  So we just fully enjoyed looking at our little baby (even more so after the ultrasound tech let me go empty my bladder, ha!!) and waited for the shot that would tell us boy or girl.

Right away it was pretty obvious that we were indeed having another boy!!  My reaction to the news was funny, because I wasn't super disappointed that we weren't having a girl after having two boys previously.  My reaction was sort of like, hmmmm, okay, it's not a girl.  Okay, it's not a girl.  It's a boy, we know boys.  We love our boys, this is great!

Especially after I was able to go home and just sit for an hour after the appointment, it was just so fun to think about the crazy chaos that 3 sweet, lovable brothers are going to bring to our household.  People's reaction to our 3rd boy news has been mixed.  Some people were just excited, some seemed a bit disappointed because they were hoping we were having a girl, some said to keep trying for a girl, some didn't seem to believe that I was okay with having 3 boys.  But really, Peter and I are more than okay with it and spent that evening just watching Benjamin and Jonah and smiling at each other imagining another little tackler in the mix.

I would have been okay with either a boy or a girl, and I am so, so, so grateful to have seen a healthy baby.  We really are blessed to be able to have children easily and I count it a great privilege to be able to do my best to raise 3 godly boys who will love Jesus and love their mama :-)

And although our grocery bill is going to be out of this world crazy big, just think of the money we are going to save on weddings!!!  Now the tough part of finding another boy name we like.....

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...