Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Tuesday thoughts

The weather today has been all over the place, sunshine then rain, a bit of thunder and wind, then more sun.  So I thought I'd channel that weather into my blog post today and just write out a bunch of random stuff on my mind today.

*  I just finished a cup of decaf coffee with peppermint mocha creamer and a maple donut.  I gave up caffeinated coffee while I'm pregnant but about once a week I'll make a cup of decaf, and oh how yummy it is.  And the donut?  Well, I've been trying to eat fairly decently this pregnancy but I mean come on.....a fresh maple donut after a trip to Winco?  And slightly warmed up with a cup of coffee?  No.self.control. :-)

*  We had a nice, sunny weekend and the boys loved being outside.  They play a silly game on our swingset where they tell Peter they see a tiger or a giraffe across the yard.  Peter turns around while they're swinging to 'look for the animal' and then acts like he's hurt when the swing bangs into his back.  It's adorable and the boys just die laughing every time.  I married a great man.


*  I'm meeting my girlfriends tonight for girl talk, accountability and pie at Sharis.  Sharis is the only place open late here in town, but we love, love the chance to get together for advice, encouragement, stories, etc.  Love this sweet time!

*  I made this little background for my sister's daycare to make it look like her kids were superheroes, since it was a superhero theme for them this week.  It took about 10 minutes and Ben tried it out for us.



*  Call the Midwife Season 3 starts this Sunday!!  SO excited.  Kinda odd to watch the show while you're pregnant, but a great show nonetheless.

*  Our pastor preached a great message on how we view the Bible.  And how the way we approach and see the Bible is a reflection of our relationship with God.  Do we see the Bible more as a phone book or a love letter?  For some reason it just struck such a chord with me and I felt convicted/encouraged to spend more quality time in His Word.  And to do that I need to wake up earlier, before my boys do.  So my 'schedule' and 'life' don't allow me to keep making excuses.  Really praying I can keep this desire fresh in my heart.

*  Peter is an amazing dad but as a photographer who can get the boys to look at the camera and smile??  Not so much.  So Sunday's picture with my boys kinda failed, but at least we're all there right?? :-)


*  Ben's awake from his (sort of)nap so time to get up and fold another load of laundry and get dinner started.  Why does the term stay-at-home-mom seem so off base sometimes??  Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...