Monday, June 2, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

I had such a wonderful Mother's Day this year.  On Saturday, I took my mom (and sister) out to lunch and to see the movie "Mom's Night Out".  It was a pretty cute movie and it was fun to go out together while my boys napped at home with Daddy.

Sunday morning we had a typical morning before church, a great service, then headed to our favorite Chinese restaurant in town.  The boys also made me super sweet cards, a couple candy treats (which they of course wanted to share!) and Peter also let me pick out a new flower basket for our front porch.





Then we all took a bit of a nap.  When everyone was up, we went for a walk to get some frozen yogurt.  The boys love this place but we don't go very often because its a bit pricey compared to an ice cream cone, so they were delighted that mommy 'treated' them on Mother's Day.


We ate our ice cream then stopped at the little park by our house on our walk home.  Again, the boys were delighted!






We headed home around 7 so I could make us a quick dinner (so ice cream wasn't the only thing in our stomachs at bedtime) :-)  We ate outside on our front porch and the boys thought that was great.

Peter and I sat on our bench and watched our boys play together so well, put on funny 'cool moves' shows for us and just act silly.  We loved every second and it was such a wonderful evening together sitting in the sunshine.  I felt so blessed watching my boys playing in our yard while our new little guy was kicking in my tummy.  The greatest gift of my life was becoming a Mommy and though some days are long I wouldn't change it for the world.  Some days my heart feels as though its going to burst because I love my 3 little guys so much.  I'm excited to see our family grow in a couple months and see my 3 boys love each other as brothers.  What a blessed Mama I am!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...