Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Zoo Day with friends

We didn't renew our zoo membership this year, mostly because we had a different membership to OMSI and the Children's Museum in Portland so that's what we chose to do when we were in town.  But, they do have $4 Tuesdays on the third Tuesday of each month.  So my friend Kristen and I decided to take our boys on their next cheap day since it was supposed to be sunny and warm.  My boys were sooooo excited, they both love animals.

So we headed off early in the morning (isn't it amazing how much you can do before 7:30am if you really have to?) and got to the zoo around 9:45.  We expected it to be super crowded since it was their cheap day but surprisingly it really wasn't that bad, until one little congested time in the early afternoon, so we were really grateful.

We took in all the exhibits, ate our picnic lunch, let the boys play in their giant sandbox for an hour so they could 'recharge' in the shade, and then went and saw more animals.  All in all we were there for about 6 hours and the boys did great considering they did a lot of walking and didn't have a nap.  And I just love hanging out with my friend, she is such a dear 'sister' to me and I love sharing life with her.  It was such a fun day and the boys are already asking me when we get to go back :-)














No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...