Saturday, November 15, 2014

Tummy bug

It was probably inevitable, but the first tummy bug hit our house a couple weeks ago.  We had avoided it while it made the rounds at our church, but we only avoided it for so long!  Monday Benjamin was acting kind of whiny and tired, but they had had a long weekend so I wasn't too surprised.  Especially with the time change happening that weekend.  He didn't want to eat a lot of dinner so after a few bites we didn't make him.  I honestly thought he was just tired though.

An hour or so later he wanted to sit by Mommy on the couch.  And sure enough, two minutes later, I instinctively caught most of his upset tummy in my hands to prevent it from spreading all over the floor.  Fun fun.

Poor sweet boy got cleaned up, but ended up throwing up 3 more times in the next few hours.  We had him sleep in our room on the floor so we could take care of him.  He was so sweetly pathetic and sick and my heart just broke from him, I wanted to make him better!!!

We Lysol'd everything and anything, washed our hands a billion times and tried to keep the boys away from each other as much as we could.  And thank you Lord, Benjamin was the only one to get sick.  And it didn't last terribly long so we were so, so grateful.

I just hate when my kiddos are sick.  Hopefully the tummy bug has officially left the building.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...