Friday, January 13, 2012

It's Friday!!

Just a few thoughts in my head on this Friday afternoon!

1)  I have about 4 1/2 weeks before we are "due" to meet our second little boy.  That is CRAZY.  I'm starting to get that excited/nervous feeling and can't wait to see what he looks like, his personality, etc.  Let's hope that I can take advantage of this long weekend to get a few closets cleaned out and maybe get the 0-3months baby boy clothes tubs out!

2)  I'm pretty sure it's one of the greatest things in life to hear your child randomly singing as he plays.  Today he was building a tower and singing "Every Day with Jesus"  Melts a mamas heart :-)

3)  I've been reading a new devotional book I got for Christmas (thanks Anita!) called The Other Side of the Garden covering God's plan for Biblical womanhood.  It's been amazing so far and I'll probably have to write up a review when I'm done!

4)  I'm going to make brownie sundaes with homemade chocolate sauce tonight for the first time in a looong time.  I told Peter that at lunch and I think he rose up and called me "blessed"  Okay, so maybe not, but he was excited!  Hopefully we can find a good movie to watch while we enjoy dessert and a night at home.

5)  I've been looking for some full size sheets with planes/trains/cars on them for Benjamin's big boy room and so far what I've found either has terrible feedback or are $90.00 which is SO not happening.  We may settle for something else but Benjamin is just soooo obsessed with all things transportation right now!

6)  My church is going to give me a baby shower for our 2nd little guy but I'm at a loss as to what to put on the list of things we need other than diapers/wipes.  We really don't need anything but they sweetly insist on the shower so I need to find some gift ideas pronto.

7)  The sunshine of the past couple of days has been awesome!  Benjamin and I bundled up yesterday and went for a walk and it was great even though it's still cold.  Between our long walk, cleaning our house, lots of laundry, etc, my back is speaking very angry words to me at the end of the day.  Luckily I have a sweet hubby who gives me a gentle backrub most nights before bed which helps silence the angry back a bit :-)

8)  Benjamin is big into jokes right now.  The other day we told him that he was being funny when he said "Peas Please" and so he said that over and over as his "joke" and we would laugh and laugh.  Today I taught him to say "Nacho cheese!" when I ask him what kind of cheese isn't his.  He's super cheesy (no pun intended) and super adorable, we can't help but crack up at him!

9)  I'm excited for Courageous to come out on DVD next Tuesday.  It's hard to find good, clean movies to watch lately.

10)  Why am I constantly hungry?  As in, I'm always looking for a snack within an hour of finishing a meal.  And I'm hoping that this blog will distract me from wanting to snack some more before I fix dinner tonight.  It must be the baby right??? :-)

HAPPY FRIDAY :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...