Monday, July 8, 2013

Say Please Continued

This definitely deserved a post of its own.  About 2 weeks ago, Jonah said PLEASE!  Now most people wouldn't freak out about this, but after living through the horrific weeks where he screamed at us when we asked (see this post HERE) it is truly an answer to prayer.  Peter and I feel like we hit a breakthrough with Jonah and he really seems to respond to our discipline now.  Yes, he's still stubborn and I'm sure I'll be eating those words I just wrote someday, but it really was encouraging.

And it's adorable how he signs please and says PEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE as loud as he can.  And he does it in context as well!  I'll have to look back at this post when I'm beyond frustrated with some sort of behavior or attitude in my boys and remind myself that there is hope.

I had to include this picture of Jonah.  We've started putting Benjamin in the corner for certain misbehaviors and Jonah always wants to join him.  So Peter put Jonah in the corner one night when he refused to eat dinner.  And now when he gets in trouble, he'll just walk right up to the corner and stand there.  I'm not ashamed to admit that it is seriously the most adorable thing.  So hard to not have my heart melt and make him stay there.

Sweet Jonah, you are stinky rotten, but you have my heart!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...