Tuesday, July 2, 2013

My 29th Birthday

On June 9th, I turned 29....which according to my husband is "almost 30 which is almost old".  Thanks sweetheart.  Ha!

This year my birthday fell on a Sunday so we spent the morning with our church family in worship.  We hit up the Pizza Hut buffet, the boys napped while we vegged.  Later we headed to our local ice cream joint and got a yummy cone!  We took the boys on a little walk that evening, and it was just a wonderful day spent with my loves.





Peter spoiled me with a gift card to Etsy and the sweetest video compilation he made of our years together.  It was so thoughtful of him and I really enjoyed seeing old pictures and "reliving" those memories.

I received some other thoughtful and generous gifts from friends and family and felt really blessed by all the wonderful people in my life.

The week before, Peter and I were able to have my sister babysit and snuck away to dinner at Benihana.  SOOOO yummy.  And I loved the uninterrupted time on the drive and at dinner with my love!


My biggest "gift" from Peter is the chance to go to with my best galfriend Kristen to our annual garage sale weekend.  2 days of uninterrupted garage sales (over 170+ sales)....pretty much perfect.  It was a blast, and I'm pretty sure the boys had a blast with their Daddy too (and thanks to Auntie Amanda for making sure they stayed alive, ha ha ha!)




Although it's a little weird that I'm almost 30, I love where I'm at in life right now.  This past year just seemed to fly by, and I'd like for this year to have a bit of a slower pace....just trying to enjoy each moment and not let it pass me by.

So now I'm 29, which is almost 30, which is almost old.  But if I have to get old, at least it was a fun day celebrating!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...