Friday, December 27, 2013

A day in Portland with Daddy

Peter had veterans day off, we still had a zoo membership and free admission to the Children's museum.  So, we put those three things together and had a fabulous family day.  Normally I go to the zoo with friends or by myself during the week so it was such a treat to have Daddy join us.  And the boys were ecstatic that he was coming too.

We left in the morning, spent the morning at the zoo, ate lunch there, then pushed through what is normally nap time and headed across the street to the children's museum.  Fun was had by all.  And I do mean all.  There was approximately 50 million people at the zoo that day.  The parking lot was a nightmare.  I was sweating and annoyed before even walking into the zoo.  But only for a few minutes, ha!

The boys fell asleep instantly in the car but since it was nearly 6pm we couldn't let them sleep, so they napped for 20 minutes before we hit a Fuddruckers for dinner.  Yum!  I was sooo exhausted that night, but it was a day that makes me smile when I remember it.










.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...