Friday, February 7, 2014

Benjamin is 4!!!

4!  4!  I cannot believe I have a 4 year old.  Isn't that soooo old?  It's practically school age which means he'll be away from me longer during the day than he's with me and I am not.okay.with.that.

But Ben did turn 4 on February 3rd.  And though I was a little sad, he was so excited and we were excited for him.

Benjamin's best friend Micah shares a birthday with him, exactly one year apart (Micah is 1 year older)  Those two play together all day long, rarely fight, and love each other dearly.  It's kind of adorable.  So since Kristen (his mom) and I are best friends, we have their birthday party together, since that what they always want.  This was the first year they invited a couple other boys over to join in on the fun.  It was a low key party with their 2 little friends and their moms, my sister and mom, and Micah's grandparents.

We decided to do an evening party on the actual day of their birthday, Monday, and it worked out great.  We just served cake and ice cream and the boys played with all their new toys while the adults got to hang out.  A couple hours later we finally had to take Benjamin home and they were sooo sad to have to leave each other.  They're so sweet!

As always, my boys get to choose what kind of cake they want me to make.  And this year, Benjamin finally settled on a Wolverine cake.  He's really into super heroes right now and he decided that he wanted a Wolverine cake.....he always asked for it complete with the slashing Wolverine claw movements, ha :-)

So once again I found a picture that didn't look horribly difficult to recreate and attempted to freehand it on a sheet cake.  I lost a bit of steam toward the end but I think it turned out kind of cute.  And Benjamin was delighted.  He kept saying "how did you do that?  I didn't know you could do things like that mom, wow!"



Another birthday tradition we have is to take the boys to McDonalds for their birthday and let them have a happy meal (not the normal in our house).  So we met Daddy at our local McDonalds and the boys had a great time with their fun lunch.

A few pictures...











Benjamin Daniel, we can hardly believe you are 4 years old.  You are smart, kind, affectionate, and funny.  You are a joy to us and we love you to pieces.  Happy Birthday my Benjamin, love you to the moon and back.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...