Thursday, February 27, 2014

Superheroes and Valentine's Day

Both my boys love superheroes right now and I know I'm biased, but they sure do make cute little Captain America's :-)



We don't do huge celebrations for Valentine's Day.  I would much rather have Peter get me flowers on a day when the price wasn't bumped up 400%....but that's just the cheapskate in me.  For Peter's present the boys and I cleaned out the van and the garage during the day on Friday.  And by the boys and I, I really mean me.  The boys got into mischief, went on a treasure hunt for interesting sticks and leaves, and played with slugs.  100% boy they are.  Peter very sweetly made me a little homemade card and had the boys write me a little note too.  We also made a yummy cheesecake for dessert after the boys woke up from naps.  They loved being Mommy's helper and it turned out really well!








On Saturday my mom and sister volunteered to watch the boys for most of the day so Peter and I could have some time together.  They took them to Chuck E. Cheese so I'm pretty sure we weren't missed.at.all.  Both boys had a blast!  And so did we!  We got some Starbucks for the road, then went to a college basketball game in Portland.  Then we ran a few errands and ate a yummy dinner at the Portland Seafood Company.  Anytime we can eat a tasty meal without kids is seriously my love language.  It was just really refreshing to spend 2/3 of a day together catching up, laughing and just enjoying each other's company.  Of course I didn't take a picture, but I promise, it was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...