Thursday, April 21, 2016

Benjamin's first day of Kindergarten!!

The time had finally come for Benjamin to start school.  He was ready, but goodness, my mama heart was not.  My boys have never been away from me for very long and the idea of him being gone the majority of the day just overwhelmed me.  I knew it was going to be good for him but it was a bit tough.

He was sooo excited and maybe a bit nervous.  We had his new backpack, first day of school uniform, lunch packed and headed out as a family to take him to class.  He was all smiles and I was so glad.  When we actually got to his classroom he found his desk and sat down with his classmates. That's when it hit me that I was leaving my baby, my first sweet little boy, at kindergarten class, and I lost it.  I had to hug and kiss him and tell him that I loved him and then headed for the door.  I couldn't look back because I would have completely broke down and grabbed him and kept him home with me forever.  Peter said his lip quivered a little bit when I left but that he was being brave and we knew he would be okay.




















The day at home was awful.  My heart just ached for him and I could hardly wait until it was time to pick him up.  He had had a great day of course and was excited to go back.  It still took quite awhile before I started to get used to the routine and though I still miss him like crazy, he really is thriving and learning and I know its for the best right now.  Jonah misses him tons and loves when it is time to go pick up Ben.  Ethan has adjusted to getting up earlier and having to have his naps scheduled around the afternoon pickup.  It makes for a tired mama sometimes but the routine is also a good thing.  Ben is a fabulous student, loves his teacher, always behaves, excels in his schoolwork and we are so proud of him.

I also want to remember that on the first day of school Ben also had his first soccer practice with the Rowdy Raisins.  So it was a long first day for sure but he loved it.  Ethan also took his very first 3 steps ever!  of course he would take his first steps in the middle of a soccer field when he thinks Mama isn't looking and Daddy isn't even there because he was busy with work.  What a memorable day for our family for sure!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...