Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Peter and I don't usually go too crazy for Valentine's Day, probably because I can't stand the fact that flowers are $40 a dozen today, but will go back to $9.99 next week.  I'd much rather save that money and go for a nice dinner sometime!  Peter did bring me a Starbucks latte this morning which was super appreciated :-)

Today, the boys and I just hung out at home in the morning.  Jonah slept a lot today so Benjamin and I had some extra play time.  I'm pretty sure Benjamin is getting the last of his molars because he's drooling a lot and has his finger in his mouth constantly. 



 blowing you a Valentine's Day kiss!!
trying to do a push up :-)

I love his precious face!

Both of the boys were spoiled with sweet cards from their Grandfather, Nana and Auntie Amanda.  Thanks for thinking of them!!
 Thanks to Nana, Grandfather and Auntie Amanda, Benjamin thinks every box or piece of mail is a present to him, ha ha ha!
 a card!!!
Jonah was a little less enthusiastic but just as appreciative!!

We ran to Safeway in the afternoon and I could hardly stifle my laughs at how many men were picking up flowers for their gals after work.  I had never seen so many middle aged men in a grocery store at 5pm in my life :-)

We ate chicken curry for dinner, then gave the boys a bath.  We're getting them to bed on time tonight because we rented a movie, The 5th Quarter.
We're planning on a little ice cream and sparkling cider and just some relaxing time together.  Perfect Valentine's Day.

I had asked Peter not to spend money on a card this year and he agreed, but he still made sure to make me feel loved and appreciated.  This morning, about every 20 minutes or so, he sent me an email with a different thing he loved about me.  They were thoughtful, genuine, funny, and kind.  That subtle romance in my husband makes me adore him and reminds me how lucky I am.  I love you sweetie, Happy Valentine's Day!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...