Tuesday, October 16, 2012

EPIC - Chopped

Last Friday was our bi-weekly EPIC girls group meeting and this time we organized a cooking competition based off of the tv show "Chopped."  Well, actually I did very little in the food prep area for this event!  I made taco soup for the girls' dinner before the competition and I gave the devotional.

We had 12 girls for this event and it was a blast!  I think they enjoyed showing off their cooking skills and next time we'll make it even harder for them.  It was fun to watch them work as a team, be creative and get competitive.  And now I know I can hire them all to come over whenever I don't feel like cooking dinner :-)  Here are a few pictures from our fun night...











 the judges and their stone faces, ha ha ha!


 the winning dish :-)

 the winning team competed in a dessert cook-off with the leaders

 we made pumpkin snickerdoodles with a maple glaze
but their brownies with chocolate and raspberry sauce were the obvious winners, yum!!

It was a fun night cooking together, reflecting on the wonderful benefits we receive as daughters in Christ, and I'm blessed to be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...