Sunday, October 14, 2012

Simple moments

I always have the best days when I don't allow myself to get wrapped up in checking the oh so important facebook statuses, reading the latest blog or ensuring my house is spotless and instead, just be intentional about enjoying life's simple moments.  I love a clean house and I love reading blog posts but I love the joy that comes from locking eyes with my boy who is delighted that you are going to read him that 10th book.  Or the smile I receive from my baby when I tickle him so easily because I know all his weak spots.  The simple moments where you're pushing your boys in your stroller and you see an older lady smiling knowingly at you, as if to tell you "enjoy these moments, they grow so quickly." 

Today I'm grateful for these simple moments that bring me so much joy.
 walking to the dollar store for a fun treat one morning!
 Daddy had to work through lunch so we stopped for a fun lunch at McDonalds
 watching Thomas the Train
 watching them build a house in our subdivision inspired him to measure our own house
 he wants to be just like his Daddy
 cuddle time on the couch
practicing really hard to perfect The Halleujah Chorus
 Daddy had to work through lunch again so we made transportation pancakes!
 yummy tractor and train
wearing our firetruck outfits to go to the special fireman storyhour at the library

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...