Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Fun at the Zoo!

What a fun day we had! This morning we headed off with some mommy friends of ours and their kiddos to....the Oregon Zoo!!It was supposed to rain off and on, but it ended up being such a beautiful sunny day and it was sooo nice to be outside enjoying it. Walking into the park, I felt kind of giddy because it was my first real "mommy outing." I had my lunch packed, my stroller, my backpack of diapers and an extra paci....I was just really loving the joy being a mom gives me.

I had never been to the Portland Zoo before and it was really nice. They had a new lion exhibit, a baby elephant and his mama, the penguins are always fun, and of course this April "Apey long arms" Klingler loves the apes!

As expected Benjamin enjoyed the back of his eyelids for a good portion of the zoo, but when he was awake he was just soaking in all of the kids going from exhibit to exhibit, and he loved the sunshine. Considering he was in a carseat or stroller for a good portion of the day, he was such a good baby. And we only had one minor diaper blowout, woohoo :-)
My friends have such sweet kids that I know Benjamin will love playing with as he gets a bit older, they are all too cute. And I'm so thankful to be friends with all of their moms!


Lincoln, Haddie, Isaiah, Payden, Elijah
Isaiah and Christina

Micah and Kristen

Ania and Cindi

Cutie pie Micah

Payden and Heather


I am one tired mama tonight (there are ALOT of hills in the zoo) but I can't wait to take Benjamin to the zoo again. I love that I'll get to be there to watch him grow and learn and have many more "mommy outings" with him. What a lucky mama I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...