Sunday, April 11, 2010

First Blog Post!

I'm sitting down to write my first blog, and don't really know where to start. I've read lots of friend's blogs and love how easy it is to keep up with what's going on in their lives, so I thought it'd be fun to start one of my own. I can't promise any great writing, humor or stories but I can promise a cute picture of my Benjamin to make your day!


Church was great this morning. Peter is having the kids watch The Last Sin Eater in Sunday School based on Francine Rivers' novel (one of my fav authors).
I've already seen the movie and thought it was pretty good, but I have such great memories of the book because it was one of the first books Peter and I read together each night before we'd go to sleep. I laugh thinking of Peter trying to read it with the good ol' Irish accent :-)
Our Pastor preached on the qualifications of elders in 1 Timothy. It really is a blessing to have a group of men in our church who strive to embody the type of man God desires to lead the church. Crowfoot was the first and only church we really visited once we moved to Oregon and we know God placed us in the perfect place for us, we really love it. I think we've grown individually, as a couple, and now as a family.
After church, Peter cooked up some BBQ Chicken for lunch. He's always wanting to cook and I rarely let him (unless it's easy like tuna and noodles) because for the most part I like to cook, and secondly, he takes longer than I do. But he does a great job, so I think I just need to get over my control issues and let him do it more often! Anyway, after lunch we were going to go for a walk but it started raining, so we grabbed some Starbucks and went for a drive to Foster Lake instead. It wasn't beautiful and sunny out but it was still a great time talking with Peter while my adorable baby boy slept in the back. I love going for lazy Sunday afternoon drives!
I think tonight is going to be some play time and bath time with Benjamin, then maybe watch a movie with my man....looking forward to it!
Woohoo, first blog post complete. Boring to everyone but me and my mom, but complete nonetheless!

1 comment:

  1. Hi April and Peter,

    You have such a beautiful baby! You are very blessed. Our Daniel was almost a Benjamin Daniel. We loved that name and it was our first choice for boys' names. However, we didn't think he wanted to be stuck with the initials "BM" all of his life so we changed it to Daniel Kenneth (Kenneth for my dad).

    We loved all of the pictures, of course, and were so happy to see a picture of your husband. We have never met him but look forward to meeting him some day. Hmmmm, too bad we didn't stay in Salem! :)

    Love you guys,

    Uncle Eric, Aunt Elizabeth and Kids

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...