Saturday, October 29, 2011

The fall crazy

I like to refer to October as the beginning of the "fall crazy."  Okay, so I don't really often refer to it as that but it does seem fitting!  It's just that once October hits, so does the crazy busy schedule.  Since I feel behind on what we've been up to, I will resort to the good old fashioned bulleting system to remember a few things!

*  Our EPIC girls went to watch Oregon State vball last Friday.  They got beat.  But only because the girls from Washington University were freakishly tall.  Seriously.  We're talking 6'5".  We followed it up with Yogurt Extreme so it was a good night.

*  A couple of our girls stayed the night with us after the vball game so we hung out while Peter went to an elder prayer retreat all Saturday.

*  Peter and I shared sicknesses.  It wasn't fun.  We both had zero energy for a few days, I went through boxes of Kleenex, Peter is still coughing a bit, and I think there was a headache involved.  But we survived.

*  We had our friends Kristen and her kiddos over for dinner Tuesday while her husband was gone.  Benjamin loves having his friends over.  Peter thought it'd be funny to dress them up....literally.
Benjamin fussed the entire time Peter put the dress on.  Micah, on the other hand, didn't want to take his off.  Sorry Kristen :-)

*  Today I met up with some of my old co-workers for a quick hour at a fun little Gelato place.  It was fun to catch up with their lives and think about old times.  None of us work for the company anymore (gladly) so it's fun to enjoy how we've all moved on.

*  I even got a couple hours to browse Michaels and grocery shop at WinCo (with a decaf Starbucks) before we met up.  Of course, the day I leave after Benjamin falls asleep for a nap he decides to sleep for 3 hours.  Why oh why will he never do that when I'm home???  So unfair.

*  Lots of other little things like co-worker wedding showers, babysitting friends kids, organizing Harvest party games, making dessert for our Harvest Party, worship team, doctor's appointments, and all the normal in's and out's of life like laundry, cooking, grocery shopping.......it's just been full, full days. 

*  Oh yeah, and this little booger keeps me quite busy.
he still drinks milk like there's no tomorrow

He seriously is at the cutest age.  He talks ALL.THE.TIME and is just a smart cookie.  It's so fun to watch him put together new sentences and recognize new concepts.  And he's just a wild man.....constantly jumping or doing crazy dances all across the living room.  He's big into "follow me, follow me" and insists that I chase after him wherever he goes as he giggles like a hyena.  It's somewhat dizzying but I love every second.  I want to freeze time.  But I know I can't, and I know that in about 15/16 weeks we're going to have another little boy who I am going to be just as crazy about....it's so weird to think that.  I'm just amazed that God gives you the ability to love your children instantly, equally and unconditionally.  It really is a blessing and I can't wait!

*  Okay, I think I'm a bit caught up thought I've been slacking in the picture area lately.  Oh well.  It smells good in my house right now.....do you think the church would mind if I donated a white chocolate caramel cheesecake to the dessert auction that already had a slice taken out of it????  Okay, okay, maybe not.  Guess I'll have to get my dose of late night sweetness from this little guy!

1 comment:

  1. "fall crazy" sounds about right. You guys handle it with grace and generosity though, always have! Figures that he sleeps a ton while you're gone right? He just love spending time with you so much he doesn't want to miss out on that with silly sleep ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...