Saturday, October 1, 2011

Our Friday

Friday morning I had my monthly dr. appt for baby boy #2.  I still can't believe I'm having another boy!  All is healthy and good so I'm feeling especially grateful.  We spent some time running errands, playing outside and then I babysat a friend 2 month old baby boy for 1 1/2 hours so she could go to a dr. appt.  Benjamin wasn't too sure about baby Xander at first, but he warmed up to him pretty quick.  One thing is for sure, I am going to have my work cut out for me to make sure Benjamin doesn't either sit on his baby brother or throw toys on his head :-)
I know I'm biased, but is he not SO cute?

We had leftover stir-fry for dinner then headed out for a quick walk before it got dark.  Benjamin, of course, insisted on enjoying the last of the blackberries in the neighborhood across the street.  And by blackberries, I do mean, 60 of them.  That is how many he inhaled.  He kept eating and saying "send some more", "come on Mommy", "send some more."  I think Peter ate a handful and I think I had about 6.  He sure enjoyed them though.

We came home and I (not so subtly) suggested that Peter mow the front yard really quick.  He (happily) obliged.....he even had a cute little helper to make the work a bit quicker :-)


Totally random sidenote to Anita:  Sorry he's wearing Jack's coat.....I just saw it was left here from when you came to visit this summer.  He really wanted to wear the train coat :-)


After Ben went to bed, we made an apple crumb pie (i.e. bought it at Wal-Mart and put it in the oven) and watched The King's Speech.

I thought it was a pretty good movie....nothing super suspenseful or engaging, but good overall.  I love Friday's that end with a date-night-in with my hubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...