Saturday, October 15, 2011

Relaxing Weekend

Friday night we went on a Costco date night as a family.  I had already gone earlier in the week for the items we needed but that doesn't stop us from going back for a fun night of samples and cheap slices of pizza!  So that's just what we did.

Afterward we ran to Target to get some stain remover spray for 25 cents thanks to a coupon (and we may have picked up some yogurt covered pretzels and AirHeads from their $1.00 section.......who can resist everything from there anyway?)

I got a free item from Bath & Body Works (thanks to another coupon!) and we got Peter some new work shoes (with yes, another coupon!)  Then we headed to Coldstones for some ice cream, where......you guessed it, we used 2 more coupons.  Ben got a free kids size and we had some cheap small sizes for us.  Of course Benjamin eats 5 bits and is completely done. He is so weird, who would have thought that we'd have a child who doesn't really like ice cream??  Peter and I both decided that Coldstones is not really our favorite and unless we had a coupon we don't really go.  Anyway........

We came home and watched some more of our PBS show and relaxed after Ben went to bed (which for the record, was the first night in about 3 weeks that he didn't cry when I left the room.  Hallelujah!)

This morning Peter had a men's prayer breakfast at church and then it was all church workday.  I hung out with Benjamin at home for a few hours (he was up at 7am) and then we went to church to "help"  We're priming the youth sunday school room and we're going to repaint it with a fun, more youthful design so the teens have a room to hang out in.  We'll put in a foosball table, air hockey table, etc....should be fun for them.  Benjamin managed to be quite a nuisance and there's even a handprint of his in the primer to show that he was there!  We ate some potato soup then headed home so he could nap.

Peter worked on computer stuff while I actually took a nap!  Oh bliss!  I've just been sleeping so badly in part due to Benjamin, my baby in utero, and allergies, so it was nice to rest some.  We spent the rest of the afternoon playing with Benjamin who I swear gets more adorable every day.  We ate the lazy dinner of chicken nuggets and tator tots which oddly tasted great tonight, then Peter and Benjamin did puzzles while I made some chocolate chip cookies.  We're planning on devouring them while we watch some more PBS shows tonight after Ben goes to bed. 

It's just been an overcast, kind of dreary day today and I think our family time, warm chocolate chip cookies, tator tots, crazy cute little boy, naps, puzzles, and a bit of work at church made for the perfect day.  I know I've bored everyone with all this detail but I like looking back at what we were up to.  I don't have any new pictures from today but here's an oldie that I love.  It sums up our lazy feeling day perfectly and I just adore how much this father and son look alike.  Hope you're having a great weekend too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...