Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Worn out!

My sweet boys have worn me out today.  My second baby boy wakes me up early in the morning by kicking his mama over and over.  While it's so amazing to experience that, I kind of wish he'd wait until 8am.  Though his brother always has me awake at 7:15am every morning anyway, so what's the point?

Benjamin continued his pattern of orneriness and only napped half his regular time.  He was pretty needy while I was giving a piano lesson and really only wanted to sit with me and be read to afterward.  That is, until Daddy came home....then he decided to act like the cutest boy this side of the Mississippi and wrestled with him, laughed hysterically, and acted like a goofy.  He then ate a huge dinner (his appetite lately is making me think major growth spurt!) and spent the next hour or so entertaining himself happily with his toys. 

Ummm, hello??  Where was this boy all day??

Hmmmppphhh.

Don't worry though, he came back at bedtime.  He always wants me to sing songs about Jesus to him, but tonight when I put him in his crib afterward he was crying hysterically.  Crying "Mommy, mommy, mommy.....Jesus!"  I went back in and sang some more thinking he had finally fallen asleep.  But no....I left and he cried "Mommy, mommy, mommy......Jesus!" This time I knew he was tired and it would be best to let him cry for a few minutes so he could go to sleep.  And he did just that.  But not before he officially wore his mama out.

Thankfully, most days aren't like this and I can laugh about it all with Peter at the end of the day.  He may wear a mama out, but I love that boy more than words could ever say!  I'm so grateful that it's ME and not any other woman who gets to be the mama that he wears out.  It's a good life!


1 comment:

  1. Lol..I love reading your posts April...you crack me up. This is a beautiful picture of you and Benjamin : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...