Tuesday, October 4, 2011

One of those mornings

The post title says it all.  If you're a mom or a dad you know what I mean.  One of those mornings.
It seems that if there is a boundary, it's being tested.  If there is something to be thrown, it is thrown.  If there is something to get into, it's already in progress.  If there's a fit to be thrown, might as well let the whole neighborhood hear it.  Yep, one of those mornings. 

I adore my son.  My heart could just burst sometimes when I look at him.  But, this morning, just for a split second (okay, maybe a few minutes) I wanted to close my eyes and open them without having to take care of another little life.  To not have to say the words "No, don't touch that," or "Benjamin, what did Mommy tell you?", or "what is the matter, why are you using your whining voice?", or "please stop throwing that block at mommy's head." 

All mom's have been there.  And I know that it's just one of those days.  Hopefully a good nap will do us both some good and while he's sleeping I will think of all the wonderful blessings Benjamin has brought to my life and how much I just want to squeeze him all day long.  And I might have a piece of cake and ask the Lord to give my an extra heap of patience the rest of this day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...