Sunday, March 24, 2013

A bit of sickness & a Mommy date

It all started on Thursday morning when I determined that we were going to go to Target and Costco in the morning.  Just to browse through their fun sections at Target, get some free samples at Costco, and all in all get-outta-the-house-for-a-bit.

I didn't think too much of it when Jonah wouldn't eat any breakfast.  He's been teething which makes him a little bit of a picky eater but I should have seen it as a warning sign though since he normally inhales breakfast immediately after awaking.

Sure enough.....right before I pulled into the Target parking lot, I smelled it.  Yep.  Jonah had thrown up all over himself while in his carseat.  Awesome.

I cleaned him up while he screamed at me since he just wanted to be held.  Then I changed his clothes and held him until he calmed down.  Then we headed home (after I calmed Benjamin down....he was upset we weren't going into the store)

I got the boys home, Lysoled everything and we were watching a show.  Then naps for the boys.  When I got Jonah a couple hours later he had blown out of his diaper all over his crib.  Double awesome.

I stripped him down, got him a bath, then did a huge load of hot laundry.  It was gross.  I almost lost it myself.

But we survived, vegged the rest of the day and Friday the boys were a bit whiny but never threw up again and only had slight fevers in the morning.


So Saturday we went to Costco as a family and everyone seemed well.  We spent the afternoon just playing, watching basketball, and hanging out at home.
Jonah insisted on sitting on top of Peter like this.  Ha ha! 


its always amusing when the boys climb all over their Daddy on the weekend like they do to their Mommy during the week


Last night though Peter wasn't feeling well.  It might have been side effects from his shingles medicine and it might have been what Jonah had.  He's feeling a bit better this afternoon, but didn't go to church this morning since he was up all night and pretty fatigued from it all.

So I took Ben to church with me and afterward we went to the Pizza Hut buffet for a Mommy date.  It's nice to spend some individual time with my 3 year old boy who is growing up so fast.  I love him to pieces, it was a bright spot in my weekend.




I'm watching March Madness again this afternoon.  We love watching all the games.  Great basketball teams, crazy competitive players, nail-biter upsets.....good stuff.

And now the boys are awake from their naps.....that was quick.

Hopefully Peter's feeling better for our planned double date tomorrow.  If not then maybe we'll just have to reschedule.

1 comment:

  1. The signs are always so obvious after the disaster, aren't they?! Glad it didn't hang around too long for you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...