Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Our week

I always have mixed feelings when I don't blog for a week.  I feel bad because I don't want to get behind and I know grandparents like to see the kiddos, but it's usually good when I'm not blogging because I'm really busy just enjoying life.

Anyway, last week was one of those busy weeks and a good one too.  The first part of the week was busy with Peter finishing the tile project.  I'll take pictures as soon as I clean up the bath toys from drying all over the floor :-)  He did a fabulous job and I love it.

We also got ready for Peter's folks to come for a visit.  Benjamin was really looking forward to Poppy & GongGong getting here!  They arrived Wednesday night and left Monday morning.  We shopped for furniture for their new house on Thursday, then Peter and I went away for a night at the coast on Friday night.  The boys did great and we enjoyed our chance to "take a breath" and enjoy time together.  We had a blast eating yummy food, watching the waves and sleeping in.

There was already an EPIC girls event scheduled for Friday night that I had to miss in order to have our night away, but I was in charge of prepping the games so I went ahead and followed through on that.  It was "Minute to Win It" week so I planned out 12 games for the girls to do.  They worked as teams and though it took a bit of work to get them all ready, the girls said they really had fun, I wish I could have seen them do the games.

The rest of the time was spent staying up way too late playing games, attending church, playing with the boys and just enjoying each other's company.  We love having them visit and were sad to see them leave!

Benjamin & Peter mowing the yard before his parents came
 
a few of the games for EPIC
 
the view right from our balcony on the coast
(we kept our door cracked open all night and slept to the ocean breeze and sound of the waves......so wonderful)
 
before heading to our fabulous dinner in the small coastal town
 
drinking Starbucks while watching the waves......boy, we look rested!!!
 
I think Poppy sure enjoyed playing with Jonah
 

lots of fun stories with GongGong
 
bonding over shared raisins
 
 
All in all it was a great week, I can hardly believe it's already mid-March and that Easter is in less than 2 weeks?!?!? Craziness.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...