Thursday, March 21, 2013

Writing his name

A couple months ago I was practicing writing letters with Benjamin.  He was so eager to try.  For about three minutes.  Until he couldn't get it and was immediately frustrated and wanted me to do it for him.  (I have no idea where he got that personality trait btw)  :-)

It was after about 10 minutes and trying whatever I could to get him to at least attempt drawing letters, that I decided that I would probably not be homeschooling.  Ha!  Okay, that's extreme, but goodness the boy is stubborn.

Yesterday though, he was in his tunnel, the area under the stairs, where there's a beanbag, books, and a chalkboard, and he came yelling.  "Mommy!  Come look!  I have something to show you!"

Peter had been home a few minutes and was playing with him in the tunnel, so I wasn't sure what exactly he wanted to show me.

Imagine my surprise when I crawled into his tunnel, and saw this....


Ben had WROTE HIS NAME!!!!

It's moments like this that are seriously the best part of being a mama.  I loved seeing his proud smile.....and let me tell you, this mama had a matching one! 

I asked him to do it again, and with a bit of help from Daddy on the "N" he wrote his name....



Benjamin just turned 3 in February, and I'm super proud of how smart he is, and how determined he was to learn to write his name.

Being a mama is awesome.  Being a mama to this adorable, capable 3 year old son?  A blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...