Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Lots of stuff

Creative post title of the week goes to me......clearly.

Anyway, my kiddos are in bed so I have a moment to blog.  Actually Jonah's been in bed since 7 because of his teething no nap habits lately and Ben was listening to Disney stories on cd.......but now they're both sleeping!

There's just been a lot going on around here so I thought I'd recap the best way I know how.  Bullet points.

*  we've been getting little snippets of spring-like weather and it's making me ready for sunshine and warmth.  I took the boys to the park yesterday for over an hour and they had a blast.  And even though it's still work to take a 1 year old and 3 year old boy to the park, it's a wonderful perk of being a SAHM.  I remember sitting in my cubicle on a sunny day and just dying to be able to enjoy it.

*  we went for our first family walk in awhile last Saturday just to get out of the house, even though it was still pretty chilly.  We went to visit the nearby neighborhood horse, he totally remembered us as the "carrot people" and came running when we got close



*  this picture may or may not have been forced, er, encouraged, but it gives me hope that maybe someday these two will be the best of friends
(love my boys and their Floppy dogs)
*  Peter is slowly but surely updating the vinyl flooring with tile in our guest bath.  We have a deadline with the in-laws coming next week, and then he'll do the same thing in our master bath.  Hooray for talented husbands :-)


*  Why is it that every time you convince yourself that you're going to wake up at 6:30 to start exercising, your child decides to wake up at 5am for an hour??  Exercise fail.  Will probably comfort myself with ice cream.  It's a vicious cycle isn't it?

*  Friday night we had another EPIC girls group.  This time I hosted at my house and we had nachos and warm chocolate chips cookies (don't ask me how many I had)  I shared a devotional on the importance of choosing good friends and being a good friend.  It really got me thinking about how blessed I am to have some really wonderful friends.  But more on that in another post

*  After we had food and devotionals we went Cosmic bowling.  As in bowling from 10pm to 1am.  YIKES.  Did I mention I'm getting old and can't "hang" with the late night stuff anymore?  We had 15 teens though (boys were allowed at this event) and I have to say it was a blast.  I didn't get to sleep until around 2am and was up before 8 since a couple teen girls stayed overnight and needed breakfast before heading home, but it was so much fun.  Love getting to invest in these girls lives, what a blessing.

*  My days can have really frustrating moments but also the most amazing i-can't-believe-this-is-my-family-how-did-I-get-so-lucky kind of moments.  I love my boys


*  Jonah is still taking steps and getting more and more confidence with this whole walking thing.  I just need to keep working with him everyday until he prefers walking to crawling.

*  This evening we were relaxing before dinner and Jonah insisted on laying with me on the couch.  Peter would try and come near him to take him away and he would scream like a raptor at him.  It was hilarious.  Peter tried to pick him up, he screamed and cried until he was back with me.  And he stayed there for a really long time.  I pretended not to like the fact that I was clearly the preferred one of the evening.  I don't think I was very successful in hiding my enthusiasm :-)

*  Don't worry hubby......I still kinda like you.  Even if your son doesn't, ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...