Saturday, August 14, 2010

Heatwave!

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days!  I'll blame it on the fact that I've only had about 4 hours of sleep each night this week due to my darn allergies (runny nose and nagging cough).  
Here's what we've been up to!


I love waking up to see this face!  He's loving his highchair.  He's warmed up a little bit more to carrots this week (mixed with a little oatmeal) and he tried bananas today and loved them of course.

We've spent a lot of this week just relaxing and playing together.


He still LOVES the driving toy Aunt Amanda bought him.  He actually moves the wheel like he's steering and pulls the gearshift, it's cute.  We also introduced the musical moving ball and he really likes it.

It has been HOT here.  I'm not complaining, especially because we have central AC, but it has been HOT.  Like, 98 degrees hot.
Friday after Peter got home from work we took off to go to the outdoor pool/water park in Corvallis.  It was the perfect way to cool off and kick off the weekend.

Discovering the joy of fountains!

Benjamin loved this little wave pool, though he was a bit leary at first.  I joined them and swam in front of them as Benjamin "chased" me.  He smiled so big :-)

Another picture before I joined in on the fun

Woah, this is a big bathtub mommy :-)

Daddy wanted to take Benjamin on the water slide!

See my bitty bitty baby way up there?

Ready...set....go!!!

Weeeeeee!!!!!  We made it!!!  He even kinda liked it.  Daddy did a good job making sure Benjamin stayed above water.

Giving Daddy snuggles while in his cozy towel

Just me and my paci lounging in the sun while waiting for Daddy

Afterwards we all went to Ruby Tuesdays for their salad bar (little guy only had oatmeal though!)

This morning we just vegged and played together.  I love lazy mornings just enjoying the fun stage Benjamin is in.  He only napped 25 minutes but was sooo happy.  Then we all got ready to go to a friend Liana's wedding. 


How cute is he???

Benjamin ate and napped through the actual ceremony then partied it up at the reception.  His friend (girlfriend) Haddie was there and he even danced with her on the dancefloor.  A friend of mine took a picture so I'll have to grab it and post it later.  Haddie later whispered to me, "I know who I am going to marry.....Benjamin!"  She's 4 years old and sooo cute.  Benjamin loves him an older woman, ha! 
It was soooo hot at the wedding but later in the afternoon we cooled off at home and had a great night as a family.  I'm thinking it's just about bedtime, but first.....

am I not the luckiest mama???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...