Saturday, October 30, 2010

Harvest Party Fun!

Today's been a bit of a cold and rainy day so we were pretty lazy and hung around the house.  It was nice to have a low key day because things have been so busy lately.  We had things to do, we just didn't do them, ha :-)

Benjamin enjoyed a tiny bit of chocolate chip cookie after eating his lunch
 I'm not in trouble right Mama?  You gave me the cookie!
oh, you just want a picture?  Okay, I'll smile cause I sure LOVE cookies :-)

Benjamin took a good morning nap and then fought his afternoon nap for the first hour but finally went to sleep at 4:00pm.  He slept, and slept, and slept.  He stirred just twice and I thought he would be waking up but he just rolled over and went back to sleep.  Our church had a Harvest Party at 6pm but he was still sleeping at 6pm so we gave him a few more minutes.  We then went upstairs in his room, turned on the lights, started talking and scratching his back.  He didn't budge AT ALL.  He was so out cold.  We decided to let him have 15 more minutes and finally had to go wake him up at 6:30 so we could go.  I think he would have slept through until morning, he really was that out.  I guess he was making up for the fact that he's slept so terribly lately!  Let's hope he keeps sleeping so soundly tonight....fingers crossed!

He had to wake up though because he needed to be transformed from Benjamin into a........

 GIRAFFE!!

We were given this costume as a hand me down from a friend awhile back and it just barely still fit him!
I know I'm biased but he really was soooooooo stinkin cute.  He doesn't exactly fit the tall and lean profile of a giraffe but I could just eat him up.  He was so distracted by all the people, games, etc going on at the party so pictures were hard to come by but here's a few of my little sweetie.

 As you can tell, Benjamin loved his cornbread.  He made a MESS!
 Such a cutie
 there were so many things for him to observe
 pick a duck Benjamin and you win a candy prize!  Mommy sure enjoyed the Skittles he won :-)
 sssshhhh, don't tell Daddy he picked the pink one ;0)
 it's not everyday you see a giraffe playing tic-tac-toe
 he loved all the excitement and attention
 I don't know about you, but this is for sure the cutest giraffe I've ever seen on a ping pong table
 come on Mama, I challenge you to a game
 quick Dad, snap a picture before he escapes again
 he was yelling/screaming/squealing with delight
 you normally see giraffes on safari, but the hay bales worked just great for this photo op
 he's getting SO big
Oh Benjamin, you just make me smile.  I love you my sweet giraffe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...