Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Evening Off!

Peter volunteered to watch Benjamin for an evening so I could go out and have a bit of "me time".  Now, I don't really feel like I really need a huge break from Benjamin because he's good most of the time and I just LOVE being with him.  However, every once in awhile it sounds nice to do some "shopping browsing" and that's not very easy to do with a 9 1/2 month old.  So once I was convinced that Peter really wanted to let me go, off I went! 

I left about 4:20 to head to the Woodburn Outlets.  I had brought some cd's along and it was SO NICE to just play my music (not the Cedarmont Kids) and play it as loud as I wanted.  Music is relaxing to me so this was awesome.
I had to return a shirt I had bought for Peter a few months back that didn't fit so I put $9.99 back into our account. 
Then I browsed lots of different stores, and resisted some really cute sweaters....which if you know me, is very hard.  I headed to Children's Place because I had a great coupon and was in search of some clearance deals for Benjamin.  I actually found some steals for when he is 18 months.

I'm a sucker for baby cargo shorts and polos, they're too cute.  And I got it all for less than $8!!

The only other money I spent was $3 at Old Navy for a black tank top since mine had ripped and $2 for 2 junior roast beef sandwiches from Arby's.  It was a pretty cheap couple of hours but it was really nice to not have to think about much during that time and just get to walk around casually.
I'm not going to lie though, I absolutely made sure I made it home by 8pm so I could be there to kiss my Benjamin goodnight.  I missed him and couldn't wait to kiss his sweet cheeks!!
Thanks for the evening off Peter, it was great :-)

Today has been pretty productive so far.  Especially considering Ben didn't sleep great last night, and only napped 35 minutes this morning, woohoo!  I just stare at him though because he seems to be growing up soooo quickly and I love just watching him and snuggling him because I know it goes so fast.

This morning we were playing in our bonus room and he confirmed that he is indeed a little bookworm!

 how come I've never noticed these shelves full of awesome books before mama?
 if only I could read!
you really can't have too many of a good thing right?  Especially when they're educational huh mama? :-)

I'll leave you with this picture.  New York City has nothing on our little Lebanon Naked Cowboy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...