Thursday, November 11, 2010

Long Days

Is anyone else still having a bit of a hard time adjusting to the time change?  It gets dark so early so the late afternoon/evenings can seem so long and I'm usually ready for bed about 8:30!  Guess it'll just make me appreciate spring and summer more :-)

Benjamin's been sleeping a little better only waking up at 5 and 6 last night for just a few minutes and both times he just soothed himself back to sleep.  He woke up at 7 for the day but I'll take it.  He took a good morning nap and only a so-so afternoon nap so he was tired by 6pm tonight but Peter was able to keep him happy and awake until his 8pm bedtime while I was at worship team practice.  This is what I came home to....

too cute!

I had washed Benjamin's sheet and hadn't put it back on his crib yet so when Ben fell asleep after eating, Peter just held him until I could come home to put the sheet on.  I'm sure he enjoyed every second!!

Overall it was a great day.  I'm loving this time and stage that Benjamin is in.  He only plays with his toys for a few minutes until he's off to climb the stairs, pull up on the coffee table, pull up on the couch or anything else he thinks will work.  It's cute but tiring because I have to "spot him" more than I did when he would be content playing with his toys.  With the extra energy though comes more fun and cuteness I think.

Here's a few pictures of my little bug from earlier in the day....

 pulling up is definitely his favorite activity these days!
I can't make him stop though because it makes him sooo happy!

 his legs are looking so long these days
 Quarterback in training?  Hmmm, maybe a little lineman? :-)
 so aware and curious about what's going on everywhere
 sweet smile!
 He's always moving!
cheesy guy

Benjamin LOVES his Floppy.  Really loves him.  They have a special relationship and really, I'm glad he has something he can have with him that can give him extra comfort when he's in the car, sleeping, etc.

 First, Benjamin gives Floppy a friendly kiss
 then Floppy receives a friendly spanking
 Benjamin pushes Floppy down to remind him who's really in charge
 he gives stern but loving talks about the ways of this world
then covers him in ooey gooey Benjamin kisses!  They really are two of a kind :-)

I'm going to finish watching the end of CSI and then I'm off to bed, little guy wakes up early!
I'll leave you with another pic of my favorite boys

I love my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...