Friday, November 19, 2010

Our Bonus Room!

Today is another edition of Show Us Your Life over at Kelly's Korner blog.  Since we're supposed to show Bonus Rooms this Friday, I thought I'd post pictures of our bonus room since it's changed some since our family has seen it last.

Our house has 3 bedrooms and a large bonus room.  The 2nd and 3rd bedroom are a little small but I love having this extra room instead of a little bigger bedrooms.  Before we had Benjamin we didn't use the room a ton, but we use it a lot more especially with it's new layout.

This is the view from the hallway.  We use this room as our Playroom/Office/2nd Guest Room.
I really like the arched ceiling, warm color and overall cozy feeling.

Yes, we only have one son who is 9 1/2 months old, but we already have quite a few toys.  I've been storing up for awhile picking up great deals as I find them at garage sales!!
The white toy storage shelf is from Ikea, the brown storage bins are from WalMart and almost all the other toys/chair/kitchen are from a garage sale or a gift from Ben's baby shower.

We were given this futon from our friends Jeremy and Kristen right after we got married because well, we didn't have much!  Right now we have a separate guest bedroom but this can serve as another space for multiple guests.  It's a nice place to sit with some kiddos and watch a movie.

We used to have one of our bedrooms set up as a guest room/office but it just seemed cramped in the small room so we moved the desk to this room.  I love it here!!  I've sat here so many times processing receipts, paying bills, etc.  It's a great spot to get a few things done while my little guy plays nearby.
The door next to the desk is a great space of "attic like" storage which is awesome!

This is the view looking back to the hallway.  Ben's jump-up hangs in the doorway and he loves it.
The big blue bean bag was given to us by Peter's sister and we've had it for almost 5 years now....kids love to veg on it during movies! 
The 3 shelves were bought at different times for different rooms but have all ended up in this room.  The two outside bookshelves are from Target and the middle one is from World Market.  I like how they almost look like they belong together and they provide a lot of great storage for books, games and movies.  Yes, I know I have a lot of books and movies for my kids already.  I can't help it, I get them SO CHEAP at garage sales!

Most importantly the room has a lot of open floor space for us to play with our little man!
I'm really grateful for this house and for this room, God has really blessed us.

Well, that's it.....nothing fancy but a cozy room for some great family time.

4 comments:

  1. I love the storage with all the baskets! That would be great for our nursery. Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily,

    The white bookcase is from Ikea:
    http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70103085

    and the storage baskets were from WalMart (couldn't find a link online) but Ikea also had really cute baskets/storage cubes that are custom fit for the bookcase.

    Have fun decorating your nursery :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The room is great!!! There is not much you can do about toys. They get played with and toddler toys are HUGE. You need a big room to hold them all. I have a tendancy to put all the toys away in closets so no one sees them. There really is no point to that, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! When we buy our next house a bonus room/basement is a must have for me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...