Sunday, November 7, 2010

What a difference a day can make!

 This morning before church my sweet baby boy was a little guy who could crawl well, LOVES to pull up on things and is enjoying his newly found mobility.  But, the most we've had to do is move a few things, put outlet covers in and lower his crib.  He was just my stinkin' adorable Benjamin learning to explore.....

 See?  Does he not look sooooo cute before church this morning?
Oh, I could just eat him!

However, tonight he was being a bit fussy before bedtime because the time change has messed him up a bit.  So he was making the rounds to say goodnight to everyone and he got distracted showing off his crawling skills on the kitchen floor.  No big deal.  He really has mastered the crawl and is quite fast now.

Then, Peter took him over to the stairs.  Yes, the stairs.  Benjamin has gone over to the stairs before and has really tried hard to make progress upwards but so far has had no success.

Well.........

 with absolutely no assistance from Peter (just hands to catch him if needed) he was off
 he lifts his knee high enough now to get over the step and then there's no stopping him
 this boy loves to climb
he ended up climbing 4 complete steps on his own!  He would have done more if Mama would have let him but it was 8:30 and past time for bed.

So yes, what a difference a day can make.  I'm already tired just thinking about my crazy climbing boy.
He wasn't overly interested in learning how to crawl but he LOVES to pull up on things and now apparently LOVES the stairs.  I think I'm going to need to get out my baby gates don't you?  I think I may have an early walker on my hands.

On that note, it's time for bed! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...